Basketball League-summer 2015 Schedule.pdf
Summer Basketball League
Click here for schedule.
(You will need Adobe Reader)
I.S. 318 Book Swap
The end of the year is almost upon us and we want the students to continue their reading habits throughout the summer. In order to achieve this goal, I.S. 318 will be hosting our Second Annual Book Swap on Friday, June 19. This book swap is a way for students to clean out their libraries and make room for “new-to-you” books. Here’s how it works:
1. At home, decide which of your gently-used books would be good to pass on to another student. If a book does not meet donation guidelines, it will not be accepted.
- Young adult novels
- Nonfiction texts
- Graphic Novels
- No adult books, magazines, comic books, or picture books
- Books must be in new or gently-used condition (no stains, tears, missing pages, or writing in them)
2. Bring donated books to school starting Monday, April 27. All books should be given to homeroom teachers.
3. On the day of the book swap, students will receive one ticket for each book donated. These tickets can be used to “purchase” books of their choice and/or enter raffles for prizes. Raffle prizes will include: brand new books, autographed books, advanced reader copies (not yet published books), book bundles, book-themed treats, stationery items, and a super-awesome secret prize. The student from each grade who brings in the most books will automatically win a book of his/her choice.
4. Save the books that you swap now, so you can swap them at our next book swap!
We look forward to making this another successful event!
Click Below to Help Our Chess Team Using Paypal
Magnus Carlsen, the best player in the world, challenges the team
Donations can also be made to:
I.S. 318 Chess Club
101 Walton St
Brooklyn NY 11206
Help our Technology Department!
Please go to Donor's Choose to help fund our upcoming projects.
The March Friends and Family Challenge is here! If at least three donors give $20 or more to a classroom this week, your chosen teacher will win a gift card for his or her classroom. The top three teachers will be awarded with some other amazing grand prizes.
Donations of $20 of more during the challenge (March 10-March 17) will help the classroom of your choice win.